Are you a fan of hardwood floors? Do you dream of awesome wood floors to step on when you enter your home? Gorgeous floors make or break a room. It makes awesome impact as to how a room will shine. It makes any room beautiful, wood floor installation especially when rooms are clean and the wooden floor is shiny. Having wooden floors on any room of your house will seem like a step closer to nature. It comes like a breath of fresh air.
Wooden floors have been used for ages in castles, churches and even the most grandiose houses. It is considered classical. If you ever thought of getting a wooden floor instead of the modern floorings for your home, the one thing you need to think about the most would be the prefinished wood floors installation.
Why would you opt for a prefinished wood floor? You may have thought of a prefinished wood because you see it’s elegantly coated with Polyurethane. It makes the wood seem flawless and makes it a lot harder too. Among other things, presented below are the 8 facts you should know about the wood floor characteristics and prefinished wood floors installation.
• It is easy to find – Prefinished wood floors are much easier to find nowadays more than unfinished wood floors.
• Odorless – Since it is meticulously made from factories, it is specifically made to shine and to not emit an odour that is naturally common among woods.
• Thicker coating – Factories apply a thicker and more consistent coating on the wood.
• No need to Sand – Sanding a wood is much needed to make it smooth and shiny. But since prefinished boards are already sanded, sanding after installation won’t be necessary.
• Irreparable – During installation process, inexperienced installer may scratch and dent your wood floor. When this happens, you will need to replace it with another wood board. Think about the extra costs that may be incurred without the help of an experienced installer.
• Delicate Procedure – The process of installation is very delicate that it requires the skills of an experienced installer. The materials to be used are heavy, delicate yet abrasive and the tools to be used are not so simple. If done incorrectly, mishaps may lead to scratches, dents or even severe damage.
• Impossibility of Refinishing – If scratched, the consistency of the coating will never be replaced by refinishing it manually. The consistency brought about by the manufacturer will be very difficult to imitate.
• Easy to Maintain – Since it is cover by urethane and the surface is stronger, it is more durable and easy to maintain. If spilled with water or any other liquid, only a simple wipe or mop will be needed. If it is soaked for a while, just let the air cool it for a while to dry the wood.
When prefinished wood floors installation is done correctly, the floor will last for 15 to 25 years. A flooring team company will be delighted to help you with the installation. Remember, when a gorgeous hard wood is installed and maintained properly, it will reflect on the room, the house and the owners. Surely, a long lasting wood floor will stay gorgeous for a long time.